How to install the EDNA Eclipse tools
The "UML 2 XSD" tool is an Eclipse plugin written by Karsten Thoms who is working for a company called Itemis. This plugin is needed for converting a Topcased UML model to an XSD file which then can be used for generating the data binding classes using e.g. generateDS.
Adding the EDNA update site to Eclipse
- In Eclipse, open Help->Install New Software...
- In the "Install" popup window, click on "Add..."
- In the "Add Repository" popup window, enter as name "EDNA" and as location "http://www.edna-site.org/eclipse/updates".
Installing "UML 2 XSD"
- In the "Install" popup window, choose the EDNA update site in the "Work with" field
- You should then see "UML 2 XSD" in the table below.
- Check the tick-box next to "UML 2 XSD" and click on Next.
- Follow the instructions. Accept the licence agreement agreement.
- Once the installation is finished restart the workspace.